The Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) is making changes as to how to obtain a CSCS Green Card (Labourer Card).
These new requirements being introduced from July 2014, state that along with the CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) Test, a qualification (or alternative) must be achieved in order to apply for the Green Card.
For the Health and Safety Touch Screen Test and how to apply for the CSCS Labourers card once you have completed your CITB Health and Safety awareness course please see the below information:
How do you get the new CSCS Green Card card?
The CITB Site Safety Plus – Health & Safety Awareness – 1 day course
Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (QCF)
Pass the Health Safety & Environmental Operative Test.
Once achieved complete a CSCS Card Application form or call the CITB direct for your card application.
NB: A CIEH Level 2 Award Health and Safety in the Workplace will also qualify you to hold the new CSCS Green Labourer’s Card
How can I book an Environmental Touch Screen test?
You can book your HS&E test online once you have registered your details.
Bookings can also be taken over the telephone by calling 0344 994 4488. Lines are open between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday, and 8am to midday on Saturdays.
You will be given the date and time of your test when you book, with the details then sent out to you by email or through the post. You can also choose to receive a SMS text message or email reminder 24 hours before your test.
Alternatively, if you are unable to book the HS&E test online or by telephone, please complete a postal application form (PDF, 168 KB) for the HS&E test and send it by post.
What information do I need to book a test?
You will need to have the following information before you can book a HS&E test:
- Which test you need to take – Operative, Labourer, Specialist, or Managers and Professionals
- Whether you require any special assistance – see below for a full list of available services
- Your chosen method of payment – debit/credit card
- Your address details
- Your CITB registration number – You will have one of these if you have taken the test before, or applied for certain card schemes (CSCS, CPCS, CISRS, etc).
Applying for cards
To apply for a CSCS Labourers card you need to prove you have the training and qualifications required to carry out your job. The type of work you do and your qualifications or membership of professional bodies will determine which type of CSCS card you should apply for.
To apply for your own CSCS Labourers card you need to check which card is the right one for you and the job that you do by using the online cardfinder. This will also tell you which type of CITB Health, Safety and Environment test you need to take. There is more information about booking the test here or you can call 0344 994 4488. The test costs £17.50.
Once you have passed the correct test, please call the CSCS Contact Centre on 0344 994 4777.
Before you ring please ensure you have:
- a credit or debit card to pay £30 for the card
- your current or previous employer’s details including contact name, company name and telephone number
- checked the requirements for the type of card you are applying for. For example, you may need to email us copies of your qualifications. If you do not have this information when you call, it may delay your application.
Your card will usually be dispatched on the next working day.
Alternatively you can download an application form, complete it and return it with the required documentation and payment. Please note that postal applications can take up to 15 working days.