This two day course aims to refresh your understanding of your key responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health, welfare and the environment, to enable you to provide healthy and safe working conditions for everyone on site.
These sessions are intended to remind candidates of their responsibilities in relation to site safety and health and welfare. They also provide delegates with a good understanding of current legislation relating to health and safety issues.
- To be confirmed
CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher SMSTS Liverpool – Introduction
This course will demonstrate how to meet the ever-increasing demand for evidence of sound health and safety management on site.
This SMSTS Refresher course which is delivered in Liverpool is a highly interactive course, involving case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations.
Who should attend this training?
This course is for existing site management safety training scheme certificate holders, those who currently hold a valid Construction Site Manager’s Safety Certificate. The certificate has to be renewed every 5 years by attending the SMSTS refresher course. The people who would benefit from this course include site managers, project managers, agents, quantity surveyors, construction directors and supervisors as well as proprietors of smaller building companies.
Cost: £295.00 + Vat (includes cost publication, registration/certification and lunch/refreshments)
CITB Refresher (SMSTS) – Course aims:
- Improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues; and
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- CDM Regulations 2007
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Reporting of Accidents, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Occupational health
- Construction Regulations
- Responsibilities for implementation of Health & Safety legislation
- Fire Safety risk assessments
- Environmental management
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health 2002
- Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- Construction waste and Site Waste Management Plans
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Multiple choice test
Assessment and Certification:
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. Candidates will be continuously assessed and will have to successfully complete a multiple-choice test. On successful completion of the course, delegates will be awarded with the industry recognised CITB Site Safety Plus certificate that is valid for 5 years.
For further information on training your staff in the construction sector please visit the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) section on training and information.
For further information on our CITB Site Management Safety Training courses please email us or alternatively, why not call us on 0151 515 0416 and speak with to our friendly training Consultants.